Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Journey of Hope~Semana Santa

Have you ever heard of the Chimayo Pilgramage? This wonderful event takes place starting on Good Friday and ending on Easter Sunday in Chimayo, New Mexico. People come from all over to be a part of this great event, some carrying crosses, most others carrying candles, but most importantly they are carrying petitions for loved ones or themselves that are sick with disease, battling addictions, crippled, losing their jobs, praying for their children to come back safe from the war, well you get the picture, the list goes on and on. Some will walk only a few miles others will walk 100! You see the rustic and beautiful Santuario is known for the healing powers of El Posito (the Sacred Earth). Once here they will leave something behind, maybe a note, a picture, a rosary, a candle, art and they leave with that little bit of Holy dirt and Hope.


Why am I writing about the Santuario? Well, I wanted everyone to have a visual of the beauty of this place and to also tell you that Rob was there today and the gallery that is also a part of the church, has generously allowed him to place some of his art there! Wow, I think this is so great and I am so happy for my guy! The pictures are a couple of the new pieces, I took them in a hurry before he left.

5 comments:

SummersStudio said...

I love Chimayo. The church is a very special place. I haven't bee there for a couple of years but it always on my list of things to do when I'm in Santa Fe.

Doreen said...

Those pieces are really nice! Are they wood?

Tammy and Rob said...

Thanks Summerstudio,it is one of favorite places too!

Tammy and Rob said...

Good Morning Doreen!
Yep, they are both wood. The Santo Nino is called a bulto and the sacred heart piece is more of a sculptural piece.

lilibulle from france said...

que bonitos corazones!!!!