Monday, August 24, 2009

Soul of the Southwest Collection


In a previous post I wrote about how much the Land of Enchantment moves me, how lucky I am to call both states of Colorado and New Mexico my homes. Colorado with it's majestic mountains and New Mexico with it's vibrantly colorful desert. New Mexico though, holds my abuelito's legacy and childhood and now present memories that keep me intrigued with the Southwest . I could write a book with all the stories my buelito told me and add my own too! New Mexico is spiritual, quiet, vast, a place where you could almost hear God speaking to you. It is a place we go to when we need to recharge and meditate, finding inspiration from nature, churches that have been there for what seems like forever, and of course familia.


This is why I have started the Soul of the Southwest collection, the pieces I have made thus far have received good comments and people that have bought them have really found something personal in them, something that touches their soul. So...I will continue to make them and hopefully start listing more of them on Etsy. We still have the Chili Harvest Festival this coming weekend and then a break for about a month, then it's the Dia de los Muertos group show at the gallery.
This newest piece is called A Rose Grows and can be found on Etsy until the weekend when I show at the Chili Harvest Festival.

4 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Oh, I feel the same way about NM. I'm only a few hours out of Santa Fe/Albuquerque or out of Ruidosa. I find the whole area and landscape magical. I love the high dessert areas and it's so subtle beauty. Your necklace completely embodies that.

sharon said...

This is sooo beautiful Tammy! Good to hear you are doing so well, and how much this all means to you!

Tammy and Rob said...

LeAnn-Thanks and it is so nice to hear you are so close to NM! When we move down there and open up shop, we will have to get together!
Sharon-Thank you so much! I think I'm going through a New Mexico phase right now, and it's working so I think I'll stick with it, your new pieces are gorgeous too!!

Chocolate and Steel said...

Beautiful necklace! I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for entering my giveaway. Best of luck to you.