Thursday, June 11, 2009

These really take my breath away...

...and I'm positive they will take yours too!
I am always looking for different kinds of beads, you know lampwork, polymer, wood, metal. I often just do a google search and on this one particular day back in the fall I found a link to MruMruglass on Flickr, oh WOW was I amazed at her work! Her beads are colorful and magical and I was smitten. Well as I have said before, this past winter was kind of tough for me, I think my muse went on vacation to some beautiful beach in Mexico and left me behind, so I would go and admire those Flickr pics from time to time, and even checked her Etsy store, but it was empty and then I started creating with polymer clay and that occupied me a few times a week.

So then one day I'm reading Lorelei's great blog and I see that she had a giveaway of beads made by a Magda, oh that name sounded familiar, but I still didn't put it all together. You see I knew her by Mag of http://www.mrumru.com/ and http://www.magdalenaruiz.etsy.com/, so I eventually went back to her Flickr site and finally contacted Mag about doing a custom order for me. You see I have a customer who wanted a wedding necklace done in purple and turquoise and Mag had the most beautiful beads she calls Purple Rain, that's it, those were the ones I had to have and here they are, Mag made a set similar to the ones she had posted!!! I am hoping to keep a couple to make a bracelet with, we'll see what is left after the necklace is created. So thanks Lorelei for jogging my memory and thanks Mag for creating these gorgeous beads!

Mag does have some beads in her Etsy shop now and she is such a sweet lady to work with, I know I will continue to go to her when I want something unique ;)

5 comments:

sharon said...

So stunning, please show us the necklace you make!

Debbie / Prairie Emporium said...

Tammy, I am with Sharon, I can't wait to see what you make. The beads are lovely as is but I know you will make something beautiful

SummersStudio said...

Me too, I want to see what you do with these stunners. What a lovely and unusual play of colours in these beads.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Hi Tammy! DROP DEAD GORGEOUS beads! I love Magda's work. I just recently got a set of some purple beads from Mag's etsy shop. I'm really excited to play around with them. I'm glad you found her!

Tammy and Rob said...

Hi everyone! Been a week from you know WHERE! I will definitely put a pic up once the necklace is completed, probably a couple of weeks, thanks for wanting to see it ;)
Hope everyone of you has a wonderful weekend, we are off to eat some chicken mole and drink some margaritas!