Monday, June 29, 2009

¡Venga mire lo que es nuevo!

¡Venga mire lo que es nuevo! Come look at what is new!

Rob has already sold two of the big paintings he just finished, I managed to talk him into letting me put the other three in the Etsy shop! We have had a good response to them, starting with all of our wonderful and encouraging friends who visit our blog here and our friends from the gallery. They are what we call primitive folk art paintings and he is having alot of fun creating them. They all capture the essence of life in New Mexico or any latino community for that matter. I get excited to see what will go on each painting and often go out to see the work progress, the colors are bold and the stories they tell, perfecto!

I created two new necklaces over the weekend, Wild Rosa in creams and browns and Santa Fe Sunrise in orange and aqua. I have just finished making and baking a bunch of polymer clay beads and hope to incorporate those into some new bracelets this week. I really feel some pinks and purples coming on...




4 comments:

Doreen said...

Nice work, Tammy. I can't wait to see the purple & pink beads! Rob's paintings are so colorful and happy! I like them a lot!

sharon said...

You two make a great team Tammy!! Thanks for your kind comment today!
Rob's paintings are the essence of folk painting, I'm glad they are selling so well!! Aren't you tempted to keep one? I guess you did that already!!
I love both your necklaces!! I am always drawn to those carved beads you use....and I really like that orange color and the stones!!

Anonymous said...

que bien, awesome work! love the colors

Tammy and Rob said...

Thanks Doreen-The paintings are giving Rob's wrists a much needed break from carving, I'm going to post some of the beads I did over the weekend, please give me your honest opinion, okay?!
Sharon-Thank You! And I meant every word, you are such a great encourager, your blog is so uplifting!
Sandra-Gracias chica!
So glad I have met all of you here on blog land!